Porters Season Pass Terms & Conditions
The following Terms & Conditions apply to all season pass holders for the 2016 winter season.
- The 2016 Season Pass is valid for the applicants personal use from the date of issue until the close of the 2016 ski season at Porters Ski Area on all days when the lifts are operating.
- All students must show Tertiary Institution full ID and proof of full-time status to uplift their pass. An apprentice earning a wage while learning is not considered to be enrolled 'full-time' at a 'tertiary institution'. Please contact us if you are unsure.
- The Season Pass is non-transferable and is valid for the use of the applicant only.
- The Season Pass holder is responsible for any unnauthorised use of the Season Pass unless the Season Pass has been reported lost or stolen. A $30 charge will be made for a replacement pass.
- The Season Pass is non-refundable if revoked or where the holder no longer wishes to use it or where it can’t be used due to unforeseen circumstances.
- There is also no refund if a pass had no or minimum use due to personal reasons or a bad snow year which could include many closed days caused by bad weather or lack of snow or only minimum areas open throughout the season.
- Misconduct may result in the revocation of the Season Pass without refund. Any decision will be at the sole discretion of Porters Ski Area management. The meaning of ‘misconduct’ includes reckless skiing or snowboarding, failure to obey signs, closures and policies of the ski area, failure to obey the snow responsibility code, the provision of false information herein or breach of any other term or condition expressed or implied relating to the use of the ski area. Please familiarise yourself with the snow responsibility code.
- The Company may alter the terms and conditions applying to this Pass at any time without notice. The Pass remains the property of the Company at all times.
- All rates printed/published by Porters Ski Area are displayed in New Zealand dollars (NZD$), are true and correct at the time of printing/publishing and are subject to change at any time without notice.
Porters Season Pass Warranty Terms & Conditions
- Without purchasing the pass warranty option, the value of your season pass is non-transferable under any circumstances.
- The price of the warranty option is $50 for individual pass holders or $90 for a family. The warranty option fee is non-refundable under any circumstances.
- The season pass warranty is only valid when purchased concurrently with your season pass.
- The season pass warranty includes a snow conditions warranty. If you are not happy with the conditions of the snow (until 10 July 2016) you may transfer your season pass to the 2017 season.
- If you need to claim against your warranty for what you believe to be marginal snow conditions, or you have suffered an injury that prevents you from skiing/snowboarding, we must receive your request, in writing by 10 July 2016 via the Warranty Claim Form. We will not accept warranty claims after 10 July 2016.
- All 2016 warranties are valid for the 2016 winter season. The applicable value/pass purchased may be uptaken in the 2017 season provided all warranty terms and conditions have been met. If the warranty is not taken in the 2017 season, the warranty expires on 10 July 2017.
- Should the warranty be claimed during the 2016 season and the pass transferred to the following season, the warranty shall then expire and no further transfer of the initially purchased season pass may occur thereafter.
Once purchased, a Porters season pass can not be refunded under any circumstance even if it has not been used at all due to personal circumstances or lack of snow. If a customer chooses to purchase the warranty option, the pass holder may transfer the season pass to the following season, provided all warranty terms and conditions have been met and a written request to transfer the pass is received by 10 July 2016. The cost of the warranty is non-refundable.
All early and pre-season sales of season passes will be processed and posted out to the customer directly prior to opening day of the 2016 season, whereby;
- all information provided is correct and complete and;
- an appropriate and recent passport style photo is available for each pass.
All student season passes will be posted once a photo of current student NZ tertiary ID card showing full-time status is emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that all rates and information displayed are true and correct at the time of printing/publishing and are subject to change at any time without notice.
If you have any queries regarding our rates, please contact us for more information.