Porters runs a highly valued and proven programme for schools all over the region. We pride ourselves in providing a safe and fun learning environment, with highly qualified and passionate ski school staff. We’re a favourite with Canterbury schools, and for good reason - we have the perfect facilities for school students to experience snow sports and have a fun-filled day with friends!
2018 Porters School Group Rates
School bookings are available for six days per week, Monday to Saturday (Sundays are available throughout September).
ALL INCLUSIVE PACKAGE FOR SCHOOL GROUPS
SATURDAYS & SCHOOL HOLIDAYS
|FULL DAY School Package: includes lift pass, 1.5 hour lesson plus rental equipment hire. Rental helmets are $5/student, booking required||$50||$80|
|AFTERNOON School Package: includes lift pass, 1.5 hour lesson, plus rental equipment. Rental helmets are $5/student, booking required||$40||N/A|
|Overnight stay in the Porters Alpine Lodge with dinner, bed and breakfast||$65 per student||N/A|
- All school packages are on an all inclusive rate per person. There is no discount if you choose not to have a lesson or use Porters rental equipment
- A limit of 20 snowboarders per school applies unless prior agreement is made with Porters administration on confirmation of booking
- The price for students and supervising adults that wish to ski or snowboard is the same price. One complimentary adult pass will be received per ten students (the Ticket Office will calculate the final number of complimentary passes on the day of the trip)
- Lessons are for 1.5 hours unless there are fewer than four in the lesson, in which case the lesson will run for one hour
- All rates displayed are true and correct at the time of printing/publishing and are subject to change at any time without notice
To Book your School Trip to Porters
To make a provisional inquiry with Porters, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- School Name
- Contact name and number
- Approximate number in group
- Age range of students
- Preferred date of your trip and your second choice
Get in early to secure your preference! Please contact us with a booking inquiry now.
Do you already have a booking with us? Find out more about what to expect on the day and some frequently asked questions.
Transport for School and Corporate Groups
If you're coming with a large group, you'll need an operator that knows the roads and is used to driving in alpine conditions. We have a range of options that you can contact for your trip to see us.
- Go Bus Transport Ltd - www.gobus.co.nz - email@example.com - or phone (03) 327 7829
- Smylies Transport - firstname.lastname@example.org - or phone (03) 318 4740
- Torlesse Travel - www.torlessetravel.co.nz - or phone (03) 318 8187