Terms and Conditions
ALL SEASON PASSES
The following Terms & Conditions apply to all season pass holders for the 2020 winter season
- The 2020 Season Pass is valid for the pass holders personal use from the date of issue until the close of the 2020 season at Porters Ski Area on all days when the lifts are operating
- All students must show Tertiary Institution full ID and proof of full-time status to uplift their pass. Available for New Zealand and Australian Students only. An apprentice earning a wage while learning is not considered to be enrolled fulltime at a tertiary institution. Please contact us if you are unsure
- The Season Pass is non-transferable and is valid for the use by the pass holder only
- The Season Pass holder is responsible for any unauthorised use of the Season Pass unless the Season Pass has been reported lost or stolen. A $30 charge will be made for a replacement pass
- Misconduct may result in the revocation of the Season Pass without refund. Any decision will be at the sole discretion of Porters Ski Area management. The meaning of ‘misconduct’ includes reckless skiing or snowboarding, failure to obey signs, closures and policies of the ski area, failure to obey the snow responsibility code, the provision of false information herein or breach of any other terms or conditions expressed or implied relating to the use of the ski area. Please familiarise yourself with the snow responsibility code
- The company may alter the terms and conditions applying to this pass at any time without notice. The pass remains the property of Porters Ski Area at all times
- All rates printed/published by Porters Ski Area are displayed in New Zealand dollars (NZD$), are true and correct at the time of printing/publishing and are subject to change at any time without notice
- Once purchased, a Porters season pass cannot be refunded under any circumstance even if it has not been used at all due to personal circumstances or poor weather / snow conditions. If a customer chooses to purchase the warranty option, the passholder may transfer the season pass to the following season, provided all warranty terms and conditions have been met and a written request to transfer the pass is received by 3rd July 2020. The cost of the warranty is non-refundable
PORTERS SEASON PASS WARRANTY
- Without purchasing the pass warranty option, the value of your season pass is non-transferable under any circumstances
- The price of the warranty option is $20 for each pass holder.
- The season pass warranty is only valid when purchased concurrently with your season pass
- The season pass warranty includes a snow conditions warranty. If you are not happy with the conditions of the snow (until 3rd July 2020) you may transfer your season pass to the 2021 season.
- If you need to claim against your warranty for what you believe to be marginal snow conditions, or you have suffered an injury that prevents you from skiing/snowboarding, we must receive your request in writing by 3rd July 2020 via email communication to email@example.com
- We will not accept warranty claims after 3rd July 2020.
- All 2020 warranties are valid for the 2020 winter season. The applicable value/pass purchased may be up taken in the 2021 season provided all warranty terms and conditions have been met. If the warranty is not taken in the 2021 season, the warranty expires on 5th July 2021
- Should the warranty be claimed during the 2020 season and the pass transferred to the following season, the warranty shall then expire and no further transfer of the initially purchased season pass may occur thereafter
PORTERS TRAINING PROGRAMMES
- Porters Training Programme fees are non refundable and non transferable after programme commencement date.
- Postponement Dates: - in the event the ski area is closed on a day when a training programme is scheduled a contingency day will be offered to make up the day.
- 5 days Holiday programmes, contingency day will be Sunday the 22nd of July
- 7 day Sunday programmes, contingency day will be Sunday the 16th & 23rd of September
- 12 day Programmes, All contingency days as identified above for 5 & 7 day Programmes.
- Contingency Days are only offered in the event that the ski area is closed. If you are unsure of ski area open status please refer to snow report on Porters website and contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if any further clarification is required.
- A minimum of six participants per group are required for the programme to go ahead. If any programme lacks the numbers to proceed, you will be advised and refunded in full.
- Each training programme group will be under the instruction of one instructor. There may be occasions when another instructor would fill in due to unforeseen circumstances, however it is the intention that the group will be taken by the same instructor for all sessions where possible.
- The Snow Sports manager, at his discretion, may move participants across to other suitable programme groups, in the interest of achieving the best learning and social environment.
- Gift vouchers represent the money paid.
- Gift vouchers must be redeemed before end of the 2020 winter season. Season end date is determined based on weather conditions and can be changed without prior notice.
- Gift vouchers are non-transferable to following season if not redeemed.
- Gift vouchers can be redeemed for any product in Ski area such as lessons, rentals, lift passes
- Gift vouchers cannot be redeemed at the Café or Porters Lodge accommodation.
- Gift vouchers cannot be refunded for cash
- Gift vouchers can only be used for a single purchase, no remaining balance carries over
- No refunds
All early and pre-season sales of season passes will be processed prior to opening day of the 2019 season provided we have received the following;
- All required information, correct and complete.
- An appropriate and recent passport style photo for each pass (if you have had a Porters season pass previously, there is no need to send a new photo)
- All students must show a current student NZ or Australian tertiary ID card showing fulltime status before collecting their pass.
If you still have your 2018 pass, please keep hold of it and visit Porters Guest Services on your first day here to validate your pass for the 2019 season.
Please note that all rates and information displayed are true and correct at the time of printing/publishing and are subject to change at any time without notice.
If you have any queries regarding our rates, please contact us for more information.